21 September 2007

NC STATE PREVIEW

THE TEXTILE BOWL: The winning team gets a tractor trailer full of afghans.

#15 Clemson (3-0, 1-0 ACC) @ NC State (1-2, 0-1 ACC) Saturday, September 22nd, 12 Noon EST, Raycom/Jefferson-Pilot, whatever the hell it is now, XM 191.

The Line: Clemson -7

Edge goes to:

Offense: Clemson

Defense: NC State

Special Teams: Clemson (Spiller, Ford, Bucholz, Maners)

Intangibles: NC State started off 1-2 and O'Brien will have his team pissed off and ready to bash in a face or two. Home field advantage is a plus for them right now as well.


Our panel of DFIG "experts" say:

Willy Mac:
I think this will be a poorly played offensive shootout (something that doesn't happened in this matchup as of late, minus 2005). Usually the defenses are suffocating on both sides, but I just don't see it happening. I think this game will rely heavily on stupid turnovers and huge special teams plays. I also expect it to be a see saw shootout right from the beginning. I'm kinda excited and tingly all over. No, not in that way silly. I assume that many Tiger fans not traveling to the game will actually want to pay close attention to this one. Loud and busy bars are not recommended.

Clemson 48, NC State 41

Seigler:
Well, the defense has just defied every expectation I've had of it so far. I guess I should have known better than to assume we'd set the tone early in the season. When we limited FSU to 3 points in the first half of the first game, I wanted to start making predictions. Had Chili not stopped me mid-sentence I might have jinxed the whole season by prognosticating great things. Saying all that brings me to say this: we must win this game at all costs, and we must beat the spread in doing so. NC State is not off to a great start, I saw the pounding they took at the hands of BC, but still, we must look deeper. Look who's standing on the sideline, a man who hasn't lost to Clemson, ever. While we must realize that NC State is no BC, and that BC barely escaped with victories the past two seasons, O'Brien is still a good coach (and a former U.S. Marine, point being, he was a hardass), and there's no telling how their new young QB will fare against our less than stellar defense. I'm looking for the offense to really step it up again and come up with some big points, all I'm asking from our defense is for them to at least show up this time and act like they want a championship ( be it ACC or otherwise). The Furman game disappointed me, and I'm hoping that this one will be played with a little more intensity. The only thing NC State really has over Clemson in this matchup is coaching, but things could still get ugly and I hope the team is realizing that. Even though it's NC State, it's still a conference game, and it's still very important. When we talk about final improvements, well this should be our last real chance without facing significant opposition. I don't care what the polls say, even after getting spanked last week, GA Tech is still very formidable. Here's to another ACC victory for the Tigers.

Clemson 35 NC State 24


Chili:
We'll find out for sure against the Wolfpack whether our offensive and defensive schemes were being intentionally held back against La-Mo and Furman. Certainly the Tigers' intensity level was sub-par against those opponents, but it's hard to get up for the shitty teams. Think about it. You've been out chasing tail and all you can end up with is the girl whose friends tell you is 'sweet' which isn't as good as the girl whose friends tell you is 'double-jointed' or 'lacks a gag reflex' or 'a slut.' So you make ejaculate out of lemons and take her home, try out some new material on her, some moves you've worked up but aren't sure are ready for prime time. If they fail, so what, you're not going to see her again as long as you stop going to Wild Wings in Mount Pleasant. Theoretically. So you get what we call a "practice girl" -- Furman -- and you hone your skills for a more formidable hunt -- NC State. So basically what I'm trying to say is that on Saturday, Wolfpack, Clemson is going to sex you up and down. We gon make yo' toes curl.

Clemson 30, NC State 22

"Why dontchoo hop out dat dress and let me see that fat ass." Astronaut Jones is taking a rocket. You know where it's gonna land, State.